SPOOM Grant Program
The SPOOM Grant Program supports small, mill related projects that support the preservation and interpretation of historic mills and mill related research that furthers knowledge of mills and milling.
- Applications will be considered from non-profit organizations for small restoration and repair projects, documentation of mills, research, publications, and interpretive materials.
- Applications will be considered from individuals only for research projects.
- Applications are encouraged for projects requiring matching funds for public and private programs.
- Applicants must be SPOOM members in good standing.
- SPOOM grants are 50-50 matching grants.
Application Form Coming Soon!
An interactive map showing the locations of existing mills in the U.S.
Mill List Coordinator:
"The map is fantastic. My wife and I visited several mills last week in MO and it was a bit of an adventure to find them and some we never did. The map will be a huge help!"
THE SOCIETY FOR THE PRESERVATION OF OLD MILLS
Within these pages you’ll find information on our organization members, histories, and our programs that foster an appreciation of “mills” and their preservation as historical places in the American landscape.
Simply click on the page menus – About Us, News, Photos Albums, etc. Additional areas are coming soon. Such as Chapters, Mill Registry, among others. Please note that our website is new and that additional information will be added in due time. Your understanding is appreciated.
Meanwhile, if not a member,
we encourage you to consider becoming a “SPOOMer”
and join in on the effort to keep alive our nation’s milling heritage.
Click here for:
Member Signup / Information
On behalf of our membership –
Charles Yeske, President
Did You Know?
1) add their upcoming 2021 mill events to the 'EVENTS' calendar?
Use the calendar button.
2) add Photo Albums of favorite mill(s) and visits to mills.
3) read/join public and members' only discussion Forums.
Plus create new topics about working with mills, equipment, methods or classifieds.
Help share and preserve!
Click the links if you have questions about
Logging In Passwords Invoices Payments/Renewals
Technical Issues can be answered by calling
7:30am - 6:00pm Central Time
If you have questions about SPOOM, policies, membership, activities, etc,
go to our Contact Us page.